Amanda Bynes Tweets 'I've Retired' From Acting

রবিবার, ২০ জুন, ২০১০


Amanda Bynes tweeted surprising career news on Saturday. "Being an actress isn't as fun as it may seem," she wrote. "If I don't love something anymore I stop doing it." "I don't love acting anymore so I've stopped doing it," she continued. "I know 24 is a young age to retire but you heard it here first, I've retired." As a teenager Bynes starred on her Nickelodeon variety series "The Amanda Show" and on the dramedy series "What I Like About You." Her big-screen credits include 'She's the Man' and 'Hairspray.'
Amanda Laura Bynes was born on April 3, 1986, in Thousand Oaks, California. The youngest of three children, she became interested in acting and performing from the age of three, when she would say her older sister Jillian's lines with her while she performed in plays. It was from then on that her family and friends knew that she would be a star someday.
 


Actress Amanda Bynes was the young star of the movie What a Girl Wants (2003) and the cable TV comedy series What I Like About You. Bynes was already a comedy veteran by the time she became a teenager, having performed for years on Nickelodeon's shows All That (1996-2000) and The Amanda Show (1999-2002), where her skill at broad comedy earned her comparisons to Lucille Ball. She made the leap to the big screen in 2002 as Frankie Muniz's co-star in Big Fat Liar, and starred in 2003's What a Girl Wants (co-starring Kelly Preston). In 2006 she played opposite Channing Tatum in She's the Man, a takeoff on Shakespeare's play Twelfth Night, and in 2007 she appeared in the movie version of the musical based on John Waters's Hairspray (2007, with Zac Efron).
Extra credit: Bynes was also a regular panelist on the Nickelodeon's Figure it Out game show.